Saturday, September 13, 2014

Chicken Roll-ups

My kids L-O-V-E these chicken roll-ups! They are perfect for little hands to hold and super creamy and cheesy. I like that it gets a little bit of protein into their diet, too. My college roommate made these a few times (but hers were much fancier), and I have since seen similar recipes online. This is one that I have just created/adapted over time to fit our families' tastes.


Makes 16 rolls

2 packages crescent roll dough (16 rolls)
1 1/2 cups Chopped Chicken, rehydrated
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (any kind will do)
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon butter/margarine, melted
bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, cheeses, salt, and pepper. 

Spoon onto crescent rolls, roll them up and seal the edges. 

Brush melted butter over tops, and sprinkle with bread crumbs. 

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment