Monday, August 18, 2014

Like they do on those cooking shows...

Tonight I tried a recipe that we've enjoyed before. I really like this recipe for Sweet Potato Enchiladas from my friend's vegetarian blog. Tonight I tried experimenting with THRIVE Sweet Potatoes.

These sweet potatoes are dehydrated instead of freeze-dried. So they are a little trickier to rehydrate. I put them in a bowl and covered with warm water for about 15 minutes. The recipe calls for mashing the potatoes with the cream cheese, but my dehydrated potatoes did not mash very easily. I just mixed them as well as I could and put them in the tortillas.


We bit into the enchiladas and they were still crunchy. The sweet potatoes had not hydrated fully. I apologized profusely and my husband said, "Do you taste your food as you go? You know, like they do on those cooking shows..."

From now on, honey, I think that's what I"ll be doing.

I'll share the recipe for these enchiladas with you later once I've figured out how to do it correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment