Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pasta e Fagioli (Olive Garden Copycat)

I found this recipe online a couple of years ago and it is still a favorite! It's super easy to make (and even easier now that I use THRIVE!) and really does remind me of Olive Garden's deliciousness. I cannot seem to find ditali pasta at my local grocery store and I don't really care about having the right shape of pasta, so I usually use rotini. If you want a really awesome Olive Garden-ish experience, check out my friend Misty's copycat recipe of their breadsticks! The perfect combo to go with this soup!


Adapted from Top Secret Recipes
Serves 8

100% shelf-stable ingredients
2 cups Ground Beef
1/2 cup Carrot Dices
1 cup Celery
1 2/3 cups water
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (15 oz) can red kidney beans (with liquid)
1 (15 oz) can great northern beans (with liquid)
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
1 (12 oz) can V8 juice
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 pound ditali pasta, cooked al dente

Combine the ground beef, onions, carrots, celery, and water in a large pot over medium heat to rehydrate. After about 5 minutes, add the garlic and saute for another 5 minutes.

Add remaining ingredients, except pasta, and simmer for 1 hour.
Add cooked pasta about 50 minutes into the simmering time.



No comments:

Post a Comment